What is microneedling?
It is a skin needling device that utilises 12 surgical grade micro-needles that deliver effortless and effective skin needling.
Micro -needling’s unique operation offers superior control, concentration and safety to trigger the skins own natural healing mechanisms resulting in striking rejuvenation and correction.
Micro -needling is a form of collagen induction therapy. It generates new collagen and skin tissue resulting in a smoother, firmer more toned skin. It is also used to treat scars, wrinkles and enlarged pores.
Benefits and advantages of using the microneedling
- Skin rejuvenation and collagen induction
- Effective in treating scarring related to acne, wounds and ageing resulting in a brighter, firmer skin
- Ideal results are achieved after multiple sessions
- It is minimally invasive
- May help to reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Used in the treatment of Alopecia (hair loss)
What to expect when doing a microneedling
- Doctors will apply an anaesthetic cream to numb the area being treated
- Minimal downtime- you may experience facial redness for 12-48 hours
- You may experience a minor itching/dry/tight sensation
- There may be minor skin flaking for 2-3 days post procedure
- Follow doctors recommendations and safety precautions after a treatment