What are fillers?
Cosmetic fillers are injectible fillers made of a hyaluronic acid gel.
Hyaluronic acid is a type of sugar that is found naturally in the skin and cartilage of the human body.
These injectibles are injected under the skin to fill in that particular area. After an injection, the plumper skin shows fewer wrinkles and looks younger.
Cosmetic filers are temporary, depending on the type of filler. The effects can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
Benefits & advantage of fillers
- Improves the apperance of aging skin.
- Filling in wrinkles, deep lines and deep creases.
- Contouring the jaw line and other areas of the face.
- Rejuvenates the face.
- Fills out thin lips.
- Fillers can boost your collagen and hyaluronic acid to youthful levels so that your skin’s natural balance is restored.
- Non surgical.
- No down time for recovery.
What to expect when doing cosmetic fillers
- Doctors may use anesthetic cream to numb the area depending on your sensitivity to pain.
- Using the appropriate filler for you, the doctor will inject the filler into your skin using a very fine needles.
- There may be temporary redness and swelling on the injected area.
- There also may be some bruising which is common with any type of injection.
- Doctors will apply ice packs to reduce any potential signs of bruising.
Cosmetic fillers available at Crosby Medical
- Allaergen Dermal Fillers
- Galderma Dermal Fillers
- Filorga Dermal Fillers