What is Carboxy?
Carboxy therapy is a method used to improve the appearance of cellulite problems, stretch marks, scars and dark under-eye circles.
Carboxy therapy uses injections to infuse gaseous carbon dioxide below the skin into the subcutaneous tissue through a needle.
Carboxy therapy helps with cellulite problems by injecting Co2 via a specific technique. The carbon dioxide is directly toxic to fat cells resulting in the fat cells bursting and then eliminated by the body.
Carboxy therapy helps with stretch marks by causing the formation of new collagen/fibroblasts resulting in the skin thickening, improving the appearance of stretch marks by rebuilding the collagen matrix. It also stimulates blood flow which therefore will restore the normal pigmentation of the skin.
Under-eye circles can be caused by nasal congestion and/or sleep deprivation. Carboxy therapy improves the appearance by increasing the blood flow to the area, replacing the dark tone with a healthier pink tone.
Benefits & advantages of doing carboxy therapy
- Kills fat cells.
- Stimulates blood flow.
- Improves the skins elasticity.
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite.
- Increases the formation of collagen.
- No down time after procedure.
What to expect when doing carboxy therapy
- A series of small injections are injected with a thin needle attached to a tube, which delivers the gas in a controlled flow & dose via a specially designed machine, into the specified area.
- Minor swelling, redness and/or bruising can occur on the injected areas.
- A warm sensation might be felt in the case of cellulite treatment.
- An anesthetic cream may be applied to the numb the area depending on your sensitivity to pain.
- Doctors will apply ice packs to reduce any inflammation.